Here's the story of this cake. I was told a month ago to do this cake, its for the birthday of a four year old. His mom is so excited about the cake that we've had several conversation about the cake.
Last night I was really tired, but it was baking time. I prepared my batter and placed my cake in the oven. Timer 30 minutes, went to my bedroom ( I was exhausted after work), laid down and turn on the TV so that i wouldn't fall asleep. 20 minutes into baking, the house filled with smoke and something was burning. I ran to the kitchen and it was coming from the oven. Weird! The cake pan had overflowed and some batter was at the bottom of the oven. I checked the cake with a toothpick. The toothpick was clean. I thought...hmm cake is ready. Took it out of the oven and set it up to cool off and went back to bed to sleep.
12 midnight after picking up my husband from work, I decided to take the cake out of the pan. It was cooked on the top and totally uncooked in the inside and bottom. TIP: DO NOT BAKE WHEN YOU'RE SLEEPY!!!!
So I threw it away and started prepping a new batter. Long story short, after cleaning the oven and starting the whole operation once again, by 2 am I had a perfect baked cake ( Thank God for the hours previously slept, otherwise i would not been able to get to work next morning)
Tonight decorating time. Mom was so excited about her baby's cake, she paid for it today and told me how much she was looking forward to it...No pressure huh!
Here are the results



2 comments:
That is just adorable!! A Thomas train?
My son loves Thomas the train! I bet the little boy loved it. You did an excellent job!
Post a Comment